Ohio Inflatable Owners Association joins forces with Greater Ohio Showmen’s Association
October 8, 2019
Contact: Eric German
Columbus, OH – The Ohio Inflatable Owners Association (OIOA) has teamed up with Greater Ohio Showmen’s Association (GOSA) to provide NAARSO inspection training for operators of inflatables, bungees and climbing walls at the 2020 Midwest Safety & Operations Conference.
The inaugural Midwest Safety & Operations Conference takes place Monday, March 2 through Wednesday, March 4, 2020, at Kalahari Resort & Convention Center in Sandusky, OH.
The conference provides training specifically for the amusement industry and includes:
- NAARSO ride inspection training that will yield 16 credit hours and provide:
- Ability to test for Level I NAARSO certificate
- Ability to test for Level II NAARSO certificate if you already have 16 CEU’s
- 16 credit hours to maintain your 32 hours required every two years by NAARSO
- NAARSO Participatory Attraction training for Inflatables, Bungees and Climbing Walls
- 10 hours of classroom and hands-on training
- NAARSO testing for a Limited Specialty Certification.
- Two days of workshops for concessionaires, games & midway personnel. Visit safetyconf.com for workshop schedule.
Kevin Wieging, president of OIOA, states “we are excited to offer our members NAARSO certified training geared specifically for operators of inflatable and other participatory play attractions”.
“The Kalahari Convention Center is large enough to set-up rides, inflatables and other equipment inside the spacious center” asserts David Drake, president of Greater Ohio Showmen’s Association, “allowing the hands-on training segments to be delivered indoors.